MAG Property sponsored the Insider East Midlands Economic Forum 2017. Hosted at PKF Cooper Parry’s offices at East Midlands Airport, the event included a panel of experts discussing what’s next for the East Midlands.
Insider’s panel of experts at the Economic Forum discussed and debated how the East Midlands can bring together its key strengths: infrastructure, property, skills, great brands and high-value sectors to make an unbeatable offer and how business can play a part in it.
Business and civic leaders examined the partnerships being created between cities and counties, business and academia, and how they work. They also took a realistic look at the strengths and opportunities of the region, and an honest appraisal of where it needs to improve its game.
The event was over subscribed, and attended by a wide variety of businesses.
- Andy Cliffe, managing director, East Midlands Airport
- Pat Doody, board member, Greater Lincolnshire LEP
- Helen Donnellan, inward investment director, Leicester City Council
- Brendan Moffett, chief executive, Marketing Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
- David Williams, chairman, Derby Renaissance Board
- Colin Smith, group president, Rolls Royce
- Prof Paul Forrest, head of research, Midlands Economic Forum
- Prof Nick Miles, pro vice chancellor for global engagement, University of Nottingham