Overview / Introduction
At Manchester Airports Group PLC and MAG Property safeguarding your personal information and handling this information in a compliant way is important to us. We understand and respect the importance of guarding your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
This privacy notice covers the way we handle your personal information that we receive from both from yourself and from our trusted third parties, what your rights are and our contact details if you need some additional information or wish to make a complaint.
It informs you about the types of information we collect, why we collect it, what we use it for, what your rights are, including consent, and how to contact us. If you require any further assistance or clarification, contact us or our Data Protection Officer. The contact details are provided at the end of this notice.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information to enable us to provide you with our goods and services. This includes, among others, information you provide when you use our website and/or our services to:
There are various ways you can contact us.
- Email – when you send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we collect your email address and any other personal information, such as your name, which you may include in your email. We will use this information to correctly identify you and provide you with the needed services per your request. The retention period for information sent or received via email is two years, after which the email would be deleted.
- Telephone – When you ring us, we may collect your personal details for us to effectively deal with your enquiry. The data we collect is used solely for the purposes of responded to your enquiry and would be deleted once the enquiry is complete.
- Media Enquiries – When you make a media enquiry via email, the personal details you send us will be used solely for the purposes of addressing your query. Our group retention policy for emails is two years, therefore your details will be deleted after two years.
- Contact Us Forms – We collect personal information such as name, email address and phone number, among all the other information on the form. We will also collect any additional information which you may include in the comments section of the form. We will use this information to identify you and deal with your enquiry. Once the enquiry is closed, we will retain your information for two years and then delete it.
Subscribing to our Newsletter
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect personal information such as your name and email address. This will help us to send you the newsletters as subscribed. We will retain your personal information for five years when you are subscribed to receiving our newsletters and three years after you unsubscribe.
Exercise your Data Protection Rights
When you want to exercise your rights under GDPR, we may collect personally identifiable information for us to correctly identify you and respond to you. The information provided in the completed form or in other correspondence will be retained for a maximum of two years.
Special Categories of Data
This refers to any sensitive data you may provide when, you send us an email. The information we receive is solely dependent on the information you provide us. We will retain your information for two years, per our email retention policy, and delete it after the said period.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may use the personal information we collect about you to create statistics and anonymised information to share with third parties including ad networks, search engines and analytics providers.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. For more information about our group of companies please click here to visit our corporate website.
We will always make it clear if your personal information is going to be shared with a third party for marketing.
Services Provided by Our Partners and Third Parties
Some of our services are provided by third parties on our behalf. In these instances, your personal information will be collected by our partner and then passed to us. For more information about the services provided by our third parties, please see our Third Parties section of this notice.
We use several third parties to provide the goods and services that you require. For a list of our third parties, please click here.
- CBRE – CBRE Group, Inc. act as agents for some MAG Property transactions. They offer facilities, transaction and project management services, property management, appraisal and valuation, property leasing, strategic consulting, property sales, mortgage services and development services. We share your personal information with CBRE Group. Please click here if you would like to know how they handle your personal information.
- Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) – JLL act as agents for some MAG Property transactions. They offer real estate and investment management services to MAG Property. We share your information with JLL. To find out how JLL handles your personal data, please click here.
- Coke Gearing – Coke Gearing act as agents for some MAG Property transactions. Their services to MAG Property include specialist surveys. They also act as commercial property agents. We share your information with Coke Gearing. Please read their privacy notice here.
- Survey Monkey – MAG Property uses Survey Monkey to carry out some research. Survey Monkey will have access to your personal information that you may enter whilst filling out our surveys, if you want to know how Survey Monkey uses your information, please click here.
- Venn Digital – MAG Property work with Venn Digital to maintain contact with customers who have signed up to receive Airport City newsletters. Please visit their website here to view their privacy notice.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you certain rights relating to the personal data that is processed by MAG Property. Find below the list of rights and what they mean. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at our address below, or alternatively you can send an email to DPO@magairports.com. You will receive an acknowledgement within three working days of sending your request and a full response within twenty-eight days of receiving all the relevant information required to handle your request.
- Right of Access – You have the right to access all the personal information and supplementary information that we hold about you. This will allow you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of us processing your information. We would respond to your subject access request within twenty-eight days. Please use this form here or contact our Data Protection Officer at the address at the end of this notice, if you wish to make a subject access request.
- Right to Rectify – You have the right to request for your inaccurate personal information to be rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – We automatically delete your information from our records when the retention period has lapsed. Prior to us automatically deleting your information, you have the right to request for your information to be deleted and have your personal information erased from our records, if there is no reason for us to hold your information.
- Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your information if it causes unwarranted and substantial damage or distress. If it does, you have the right to require us to stop (or not to begin) the processing in question. This right does not automatically trigger the right to erasure. You will have to request for your information to be fully deleted from our records if you wish to exercise your right to erasure.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal information which we hold. This compelling will allow you to move, copy or transfer personal information easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way.
- Right to Object – You have the right to object to us using your personal information for direct marketing and profiling. This right can be exercised at any point in time, whether at the point where we collect your personal information, or after we already have already collected your personal information. If you want to object to us processing your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer at our address at the end of this notice. Alternatively, you can also exercise the right at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in any marketing email.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office here, if you feel that our processing of your personal information infringes on your rights per the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. We advise that you contact our Data Protection Officer at our address at the end of this notice to attempt to resolve it before escalating your complaint to the regulators.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before the withdrawal. You can withdraw consent by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address below, or alternatively, you can click ‘unsubscribe’ in any marketing email to withdraw consent in relation to marketing.
Security and Data Storage
To provide you with the products and services and our website, we may need to store or transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area. Our list of third parties who may receive your personal information can be found here.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Office is located at our Head Office, Olympic House, Manchester Airport, Manchester, M90 1QX. If you wish to contact our data protection officer regarding the information in this privacy notice, or any query relating to your personal information, please contact her at:
Data Protection Officer
Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
Or alternatively you can get in touch with us via our feedback area here.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change our privacy notice at any time and without notice, so we recommend that you visit this page occasionally to check what has changed. This policy was last updated in May 2018 and will be reviewed again in May 2019.
Manchester Airport Group