Leading UK real estate business, The Crown Estate, has announced today that Lynda Shillaw has been appointed to its Board.
Lynda has broad experience from managing a range of different property estates. She is currently Divisional CEO Property for Manchester Airports Group where she is responsible for its investment and development portfolio across its three airports as well as its interest in the 3.5m sq ft Airport City Manchester Development. This, combined with her previous roles managing the property portfolios at the Co-operative Group and BT, has given her a range of experience relevant to The Crown Estate, including offices, retail, farmland and cabling. She lives in Leeds and much of her career has been outside of London.
The Crown Estate manages a £13bn real estate portfolio and specialises in commercial property in central London; prime retail across the country; and offshore wind, in its capacity as manager of the seabed around most of the UK. It also has significant rural and coastal assets. Established as an independent commercial business by Act of Parliament, The Crown Estate returns all of its profit to the Treasury. This totalled nearly £330m in 2017 and £2.6bn over the last ten years.
Robin Budenberg, Chairman of The Crown Estate, said “We are delighted to welcome Lynda to the Board. She brings a diversity of experience from managing multi-faceted property estates across different regions of the UK and different asset classes, including office, retail and farmland. She has a deep interest in sustainable placemaking, focussing on nurturing a sense of community in both urban and rural environments. This unusual diversity of experience will be invaluable to The Crown Estate as it seeks to create brilliant places and deliver a strong return to the nation’s finances.”
Lynda Shillaw said: “I am honoured to be joining The Crown Estate’s Board. It is a business which thinks long-term about how it creates value to deliver a positive impact for its customers, partners, and the communities where it operates. I very much look forward to working with Robin and the Board, including Alison Nimmo and her talented team, to ensure it remains an outstanding UK success story.”
The recruitment of the Lynda Shillaw was made in accordance with the Governance Code on Public Appointments and the position is appointed by the Queen under Royal Warrant.
- email@example.com; 0845 241 2342
About The Crown Estate
- The Crown Estate is a £13bn real estate business specialising in commercial property in central London, prime regional retail and offshore wind. It also has a substantial rural and coastal portfolio and manages the seabed around England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Established as an independent commercial business by Act of Parliament, it returns 100% of its annual profits to the Treasury for the benefit of the public finances. This has totalled £2.6bn over the last ten years. thecrownestate.co.uk
About the recruitment process
- The appointment of the Lynda Shillaw was made in accordance with the Governance Code on Public Appointments, published by HM Government and regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments. The position is appointed by the Queen under Royal Warrant.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, there is a requirement for appointees’ political activity (if any declared) to be made public. Lynda Shillaw has confirmed that she has not engaged in any political activity in the last 5 years.