Here you can find out a little more about the individual roles and responsibilities of the London Stansted Property Team.
Gary Beavis – Property Facilities Manager
Gary has worked within the Property Department at Stansted for 13 years and has been Facilities Manager for the past 8 years. Before joining MAG he worked as a Facilities Manager at a University and MOD Army bases in the East of England. Gary is a member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BiFM).
Gary’s role includes:
- Managing the four multi-occupied buildings including; statutory inspections, planned maintenance, reactive maintenance, fire safety, security and cleaning schedules. Ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and contract clauses and that works are carried out in a reasonable time and achieve value for money.
- Ensuring that contractors working on behalf of tenants and MAG Property have the correct permits and permissions to work to comply with the airport’s contractors working on airport procedures.
- Advising tenants who want to make alterations to their leased areas, making sure that the proposals are compliant with their lease clauses, airport regulations and statutory requirements.
- Liaising with other airport departments to ensure that any impact to operation caused by property works is well managed.
Michelle Fernandes – Property Manager
Michelle has worked at Stansted Airport for 27 years. Her career with MAG began with two years in the Planning Department. In 1990 Michelle moved to the Property Department in Enterprise House and began her current role as Property Manager.
Michelle’s role includes:
- Assisting with the day-to-day management and inspections of the Property buildings.
- Management of the Tenant’s Handbook.
- Assisting with Tenant Move in and Move Out process.
- Management of Tenant fire risk assessment compliance and auditing.
- Assisting with faults within the property buildings.
- Property management system controller.
- Credit control management.
- General administration duties including raising purchase orders for the department and managing the stationery budget for MAG departments
Matthew Brazier – Estates Manager
Matthew has worked within the Property Department at Stansted Airport for 7 years. He previously worked at the property departments at Gatwick and Heathrow. For the past four years Matthew has also been acting as a mentor to students taking their GCSEs at an Essex school.
- Contract management, including; rent reviews, lease renewals, licence to assign and other contract requests/enquiries.
- New lettings.
- Lease termination and managing tenant vacations and associated dilapidations.
- Business planning, financial forecasting and budget management.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and assisting in property developments.
- Managing the residential and agricultural portfolio through the appointed managing agents.
Emily Speak – Asset Manager
Emily joined the MAG Property team in December 2015 as Asset Manager. Before joining MAG Property Emily was responsible for Travis Perkins plc.’s Northern UK property portfolio. Prior to this, she worked at JLL for 5 years in Manchester within the landlord & tenant department, after pursuing a secondment in Paris and 18 months in valuation.
Emily’s role includes:
- Responsibility for property management across MAG Property’s group portfolio.
- Dealing with all types of lease negotiations including surrender and regrants, variations and renewals.
- Enhancing value through re-gears and relocations, budget forecasting and risk mitigation.
- Building and maintaining key relationships with customers, internal business partners and stakeholders.
- Liaising with Manchester City Council on asset plans for ancillary sites held under lease.
You can get in touch with the Stansted MAG Property team on the email addresses below:
Gary Beavis – email@example.com
Michelle Fernandes – firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Brazier – email@example.com
Emily Speak – firstname.lastname@example.org