Insider’s business growth breakfast gathered businesses and other key stakeholders, plus those in economic development, to debate progress and prospects this week in Bournemouth.
Julian Stott, MAG Property’s Development Manager, was on the panel to discuss the £40m Bournemouth International Growth Programme which will fund a series of transport and infrastructure investments around Aviation Business Park and Bournemouth Airport.
Other panelists included;
- Gordon Page CBE, Chairman, Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership
- Georgina Hurcombe, Managing Director, Love Love Films
- Raina Summerson, CEO, Agincare
- Julian Hellebrand, Interim President, Cobham Mission Systems
- Debbie Ward,Chief Executive, Dorset County Council
As well as the BIG Programme, and hearing from businesses about their development and priorities, the debate also explored the likely impact of large infrastructure. These include the Port of Poole regeneration and investment in Ultrafast broadband to increase productivity and connectivity.
Dorsett Local Enterprise Partnership is overseeing the BIG programme in collaboration with Aviation Business Park, Bournemouth Borough Council, Bournemouth University, Christchuch and East Dorset Councils, Dorset County Council and Manchester Airports Group.