Locating at Manchester Airport means easy access to skilled staff, graduate talent and quality of life. A crucial part of the largest economic region outside London, the airport is a powerful economic motor that brings benefits to the north west and vital links to the major businesses and knowledge industries of the area.
Sectors operating close to the airport are: Aviation, professional services, life sciences, retail, creative and ICT digital, hospitality and tourism, manufacturing, new economy, public sector and logistics. As part of the enterprise zone, companies can benefit from business rate discount worth up to £275,000, as well as simplified planning and super-fast broadband.
- 9m people within a 1 hour drive
- 105,000 students in Manchester
- 400,000 students within a 1 hour drive
- £124bn GVA generated in the region in 2011
- 7m people within Greater Manchester
- 5m people within a 2 hour drive